I'll bite, albeit a little sideways.
Never owned one, but have been in them several times. Truly fun to drive, even in base trim. But yes, the ride seems choppy. Then again, the Viggen isn't exactly squishy soft.
The S used to be supercharged but at some point they switched to turbocharging. Can't recall the year of the change.
If you buy used... I believe Mini runs the same 'all maintenance free for 4 years' that other BMW products have. I have heard BMW afficionados complain that this is bad for the used car market b/c the service schedule BMW pays for is spaced more widely than they think is wise. Thus there are too many used ones which have not been "properly" cared for.
If you follow all of that, the problem may apply to used Minis, too. But I grant you it is pretty speculative.
03 9-5 Arc wagon, 109k
posted by 76.118.5...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- MINI Cooper S ... anyone ?, STICKMAN, Thu, 13 Oct 2011 06:36:14
- I own a 2008 MINI Cooper S, Ray L, Mon, 17 Oct 2011 15:10:11
- I have 2003 MINI with 168k, dmz789qqq, Mon, 17 Oct 2011 12:57:04
- I think about this, too, Noel , Fri, 14 Oct 2011 17:54:26
- Re: MINI Cooper S ... anyone ?, James, Thu, 13 Oct 2011 15:26:08
- hazardous to your health, brick8 , Thu, 13 Oct 2011 15:08:55
- Whoops, that was me..., Justin VanAbrahams, Thu, 13 Oct 2011 15:05:46
- One problem, No Snaab , Thu, 13 Oct 2011 12:53:18
- 2nd that.., Mike Lynch , Thu, 13 Oct 2011 16:08:21
- Re: MINI Cooper S ... anyone ?, Dan-O, Thu, 13 Oct 2011 10:44:03
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!