I've had my 1996 9000 Aero on the track 4 times (twice at Waterford Michigan and twice at Gratten Michigan) and I'm looking forward to many more times. The car is currently configured with Nordic Stage III, Bilstein shocks, Ferodo pads up front, and high performance summer tires. I'm interested in input on the following upgrades, and the order you would do them in for the greatest improvement.
- AP 330mm" 4 pot brake kit (is there a better kit than the one from Abbott)
- what brake pads do you find are the best for exclusive track use
- I ran the Porterfields R4S 1 track day and they began to crumble at the end of the day
- SAS sway bars front and rear
- lowering springs (whose do you recommend)
- R compound tires
- with the 18" wheels needed for the brake kit, what is the size of the widest tire that will fit
- what 18" wheel do you recommend
- what manufacturer/model tire do you recommend
- is there a camber kit for the 9000
I like driving the Aero but am open to your input on switching to a different car. I'm currently being beat by the BMW M3's, but my skill level is not up to their level yet. Can the Aero be reasonably upgraded to be competitive.
Thank you for your input.
posted by 76.226.144...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- More time on the track, Jeff A, Sat, 19 Dec 2009 14:04:05
- Re: More time on the track, KevinC, Sat, 2 Jan 2010 09:42:48
- Thanks for all of the great comments. N/M, Jeff A, Sun, 27 Dec 2009 09:23:43
- Re: More time on the track, MTAERO, Wed, 23 Dec 2009 08:15:28
- Adaptation run, Montana Tom , Tue, 22 Dec 2009 12:05:11
- Re: More time on the track, Alex, Tue, 22 Dec 2009 08:18:57
- Re: More time on the track, GM, Sun, 20 Dec 2009 14:11:06
- Re: More time on the track, Rod , Sun, 20 Dec 2009 05:46:15
- Re: More time on the track, JustinB, Sat, 19 Dec 2009 19:27:55
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!