Although with the stock rotors and Ferodo pads I don't experience any brake fade, when I ride along in M3's with big brake kits, I find they go much further down the straight before braking. They are probably carrying a little higher speed than me into the corner but I find I need to start braking much earlier than them in order to make the corner. I was expecting a big brake kit to get quicker deceleration than the stock setup. Is this a wrong expectation?
What model Carbotech do you use?
My last 2 times at Gratten I had Bridgestone Potenza RE11's 225/50x16 on Super Aero wheels. I suspect the 6.5" Aero wheels don't get me the best road contact for this tire width and a 7" wheel would be better. What are your thoughts?
posted by 76.226.144...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- More time on the track, Jeff A, Sat, 19 Dec 2009 14:04:05
- Re: More time on the track, KevinC, Sat, 2 Jan 2010 09:42:48
- Thanks for all of the great comments. N/M, Jeff A, Sun, 27 Dec 2009 09:23:43
- Re: More time on the track, MTAERO, Wed, 23 Dec 2009 08:15:28
- Adaptation run, Montana Tom , Tue, 22 Dec 2009 12:05:11
- Re: More time on the track, Alex, Tue, 22 Dec 2009 08:18:57
- Re: More time on the track, GM, Sun, 20 Dec 2009 14:11:06
- Re: More time on the track, Rod , Sun, 20 Dec 2009 05:46:15
- Re: More time on the track, JustinB, Sat, 19 Dec 2009 19:27:55
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!