I have done maybe 25 track events on my 9k Aero, most at Nurburgring involving high speeds.
1) Good performance tires, I'm using Goodyear F1s
2) replace OEM springs with H&R or Abbott Racing
3) f/r SAS bars really help
4) metal brake lines, fresh perf fluid, I'm using Brembo discs & Ferrodo 2500s, this is good for 15 or 20 minutes full on abuse, bigger AP or Brembo w/ wheels/tires bigger is better but looking at real $$$
5) LSD is great for track use exiting corners, I don't have it, do have TCS in perfect running condition and it helps a lot at lower speeds
Biggest problem for fast track use is getting suspension set up right for your application. Nurburgring demands a fair bit of flex in the suspension and plently of ability to control big possible oversteer at huge cornering speeds.
M3 is way superior car on track, having driven #36 and E46 track prepped examples at Nurburgring I don't think any Saab could keep up with a sorted E46 version. Compare yourself to similar FWD cars that can seat 5 people.
Get more hp is one way to even things out, try to up power to 350hp and 350ft/lbs, seems to be a good balance for 9ks between what the chassis can take and what is reasonably reliable.
posted by 86.7.15...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- More time on the track, Jeff A, Sat, 19 Dec 2009 14:04:05
- Re: More time on the track, KevinC, Sat, 2 Jan 2010 09:42:48
- Thanks for all of the great comments. N/M, Jeff A, Sun, 27 Dec 2009 09:23:43
- Re: More time on the track, MTAERO, Wed, 23 Dec 2009 08:15:28
- Adaptation run, Montana Tom , Tue, 22 Dec 2009 12:05:11
- Re: More time on the track, Alex, Tue, 22 Dec 2009 08:18:57
- Re: More time on the track, GM, Sun, 20 Dec 2009 14:11:06
- Re: More time on the track, Rod , Sun, 20 Dec 2009 05:46:15
- Re: More time on the track, JustinB, Sat, 19 Dec 2009 19:27:55
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!