I agree, stick within the recommended range in the manual. There's lots of people on this board that seem to think that the higher the viscosity, the better (15W50 seems to be popular), but I've yet to see a convincing argument for it. I have no doubt that if a 30W80 oil existed, someone would be using it.
posted by 99.248.17...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Oil weight recommendations for viggen??? 40 ... 50 ??, Nathan Pflaum , Tue, 10 May 2011 06:39:02
- Bob's the word..., RBatsch, Thu, 12 May 2011 05:34:12
- 0W40 or 5W40, sam96CS , Tue, 10 May 2011 19:44:01
- Re: You should consult your manual..., Street, Tue, 10 May 2011 13:41:23
- Re: Oil weight recommendations for viggen??? 40 ... 50 ??, ryan, Tue, 10 May 2011 09:40:37
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!