Meh... the XR gets an oil change every 5k or once a year, depending on how much I drive it. That's the schedule I've been on since '05 (?) when I bought it, and the schedule the previous owner was on since '89. Car seems to be doing just fine for all its years and miles. I still can't wrap my head around these 5-figure oil change intervals some modern cars have, but I've never owned one that calls for it to test. The CTS-V and Solstice GXP's oil life indicators both click off around 5k it seems, so that's the longest I've ever pushed a car intentionally. The Audi is usually done at 3k - 4k if I'm feeling brave. Those 1.8ts have sludge problems, and I'm just not comfortable enough to find out how serious they are. ;) For all the bazillions of 1.8ts they made those engines are *not* cheap. They give away B202s and B234s at the junkyard, but 1.8ts come with a dear price tag. Bah!
posted by 12.195.130...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Mobil 1 High Mileage Result, Sam, Tue, 29 Nov 2011 18:18:27
- I race my 997 GT3 w/M1 0W-40 exclusively with..., Dag, Fri, 9 Dec 2011 11:47:08
- Great feedback, Sam, Mon, 5 Dec 2011 09:23:23
- Re: Mobil 1 High Mileage Result, JZW , Wed, 30 Nov 2011 10:17:41
- Re: Mobil 1 High Mileage Result, Sam, Sat, 14 Jan 2012 10:58:04
- John is right-on as usual!, 900 Aero , Sun, 4 Dec 2011 16:33:38
- Re: Mobil 1 High Mileage Result, SG, Thu, 1 Dec 2011 06:47:35
- Re: Mobil 1 High Mileage Result, Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 30 Nov 2011 12:28:03
- Re: Mobil 1 High Mileage Result, Justin VanAbrahams, Tue, 29 Nov 2011 21:37:30
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!