I read about those failures a couple years ago. Haven't heard of any more, and never saw any of them quantified with analysis or science. Lot of blame being passed around, but no actual evidence.
I dunno. If you search around for "Amsoil failure" or "Royal Purple failure" you'll find plenty of people who've blown up engines with just about every lubricant on the planet. I don't think that's indicative of the world's inability to produce motor oil, but moreso indicative of the fact that high strung engines are more prone to failure.
I've never noticed any weird oil pressure on my SPGs or the XR4Ti or the Audi. All have oil pressure gauges. :shrug:
posted by 12.195.130...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Mobil 1 High Mileage Result, Sam, Tue, 29 Nov 2011 18:18:27
- I race my 997 GT3 w/M1 0W-40 exclusively with..., Dag, Fri, 9 Dec 2011 11:47:08
- Great feedback, Sam, Mon, 5 Dec 2011 09:23:23
- Re: Mobil 1 High Mileage Result, JZW , Wed, 30 Nov 2011 10:17:41
- Re: Mobil 1 High Mileage Result, Sam, Sat, 14 Jan 2012 10:58:04
- John is right-on as usual!, 900 Aero , Sun, 4 Dec 2011 16:33:38
- Re: Mobil 1 High Mileage Result, SG, Thu, 1 Dec 2011 06:47:35
- Re: Mobil 1 High Mileage Result, Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 30 Nov 2011 12:28:03
- Re: Mobil 1 High Mileage Result, Justin VanAbrahams, Tue, 29 Nov 2011 21:37:30
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!