NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|Performance Bulletin Board|
You can just state that clearly, anyone that has had a failure? The Saab Racing team with 4 motors in a row? They switch oil and the failures stop even though all the engines are built in the same batch?
Crazy low oil pressure with mobile 1, that is fine? Different engines use different viscoisty, some need a oil like mobil 1, some have very small passenges, like the audi volks engines, they only allow a certain approved oil for their engines. The porsche engine may be one of those that needs a thinner oil, but for the Saab engine I would disagree, I have done my own testing and the oil pressure was way too low and once hot was well below what I would consider a safe oil pressure. For a stock car, its probably fine, for a tuned high performance "Saab" engine, I would be careful,
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Mobil 1 High Mileage Result, Sam, Tue, 29 Nov 2011 18:18:27
- I race my 997 GT3 w/M1 0W-40 exclusively with..., Dag, Fri, 9 Dec 2011 11:47:08
- Great feedback, Sam, Mon, 5 Dec 2011 09:23:23
- Re: Mobil 1 High Mileage Result, JZW , Wed, 30 Nov 2011 10:17:41
- Re: Mobil 1 High Mileage Result, Sam, Sat, 14 Jan 2012 10:58:04
- John is right-on as usual!, 900 Aero , Sun, 4 Dec 2011 16:33:38
- Re: Mobil 1 High Mileage Result, SG, Thu, 1 Dec 2011 06:47:35
- Re: Mobil 1 High Mileage Result, Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 30 Nov 2011 12:28:03
- Re: Mobil 1 High Mileage Result, Justin VanAbrahams, Tue, 29 Nov 2011 21:37:30
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact |
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.