I've been running a Nordic stage 4 Viggen for 4 years now without ever an issue until recently. I'm still investigating what's going on but I'm sure it's not the tune but something on the car. Although I bought the mailbox tune from GS, Nick can't really help without having the car or with some data from a logger. Both of these are an expense I'd rather not have and getting the car to Nick virtually impossible since I'm in Canada.
The thing to remember is that tuning a car take most of the 'slop' out of the system and thus any part of that system not functioning properly will have a great affect on not just performance but drivability. When this happens it's really a benefit to have the tuner near by for trouble shooting.
In my case it may be cheaper for me to just start replacing parts in hopes of hitting the right one. That said, I'm still amazed at how seamless the Nordic tune has been, how it starts up whether it's -40 or +40C and runs like a stock car, but the added power is intoxicating!!!
posted by 64.228.20...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Reliability w/ JZW, Nordic, BSR etc?, ryan, Fri, 3 Aug 2012 08:48:52
- Thanks for the comments.., ryan, Wed, 8 Aug 2012 10:09:24
- Re: Reliability w/ JZW, Nordic, BSR etc?, Aero~0657, Sat, 4 Aug 2012 22:39:40
- Re: Reliability w/ JZW, Nordic, BSR etc?, JZW , Sat, 4 Aug 2012 13:50:49
- Re: Reliability w/ JZW, Nordic, BSR etc?, Gary P, Sat, 4 Aug 2012 13:47:57
- It's not so much the tune as the car..., RBatsch, Sat, 4 Aug 2012 10:38:17
- JZW on 2 cars, 04 ARC stg 4, & no problems., Norm95, Fri, 3 Aug 2012 12:57:20
- Re: Reliability w/ JZW, Nordic, BSR etc?, Simon S, Fri, 3 Aug 2012 08:55:34
- No issues on a JZW Stage 1 for me, Noel , Thu, 9 Aug 2012 13:11:07
- issues ?, dref, Mon, 13 Aug 2012 09:55:21
- Re: Reliability w/ JZW, Nordic, BSR etc?, Per, Fri, 3 Aug 2012 10:32:59
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!