If you took the spark plugs out and saw the oil on the plugs its a blown head gasket. If you saw oil on around the spark plugs w/o removing them, its probably a leaky valve cover gasket. One is a very easy fix and the other can be fixed as well if you like the car that much.
You could try re-torquing the head gasket bolts, do a search.
posted by 71.202.125...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- spark plugs in oil, Lionel, Tue, 17 Aug 2010 17:44:38
- Re: spark plugs in oil, sam96CS , Wed, 18 Aug 2010 16:53:56
- Who advised you to buy an old Saab?, marvinstockman, Wed, 18 Aug 2010 15:31:37
- Re: my guess is the DI, DanaH, Wed, 18 Aug 2010 07:36:59
- Re: spark plugs in oil, Erik919kt , Wed, 18 Aug 2010 07:08:06
- Re: spark plugs in oil, Simon S, Tue, 17 Aug 2010 19:00:24
- Re: spark plugs in oil, AndyRobertson, Tue, 17 Aug 2010 17:59:39
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!