At idle, the compressor stays engaged.
I'll have to check the evaporator, but isn't it buried under the dash?
I lived in Alaska and ran on econ all the time. I set it to come on to econ by default and never needed to change it.
The fan does engage with the compressor, and stays on at idle with the compressor.
On econ, the compressor is off and the temperature of the air is whatever is coming in from the outside.
posted by 24.131.11...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- A/C compressor question, T. Christopher, Wed, 13 Jun 2012 18:29:20
- Did you vacuum out system?, marvinstockman, Thu, 14 Jun 2012 13:46:18
- Re: Did you vacuum out system?, T. Christopher, Fri, 15 Jun 2012 09:14:11
- Re: Did you vacuum out system?, GPost, Fri, 15 Jun 2012 14:11:11
- why?, dref, Fri, 15 Jun 2012 18:00:42
- Re: why?, G. Post, Sat, 16 Jun 2012 02:48:01
- Yes, vac the system after opening it., marvinstockman, Fri, 15 Jun 2012 10:56:28
- Yikes!, dref, Wed, 13 Jun 2012 18:44:50
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!