David and Marvin, thanks for your help. If you have read any of my previous posts on you may be aware that:
(1) I personally replaced the blower motor (Bosch) and genuine SAAB heater core 30K miles ago
(2) The blower motor recently got stuck on high but shuts off when ignition is off.
(3) Temperature control works.
(4) A small trail of water appears on the driveway when backing out. (When AC is in use.)
(5) AC is working pretty good but not ice cold.
(6) Recently water is dripping onto front passenger compartment on both the driver's side and passenger's side where the feet would be. (I'm sure it's water and not coolant)
(7) This is the first time the fan speed controller has acted up.
(8) Upon removal of the aquarium cover it appears dry inside.
(9) Blower motor makes whirring/roaring noises on right turns only. During a hard right turn the blower STOPS.
(10) I suspect water in the evaporator housing.
(11) My plan is to unclogg the evaporator drain (with thanks to David Ingram for his procedure on how to do this), replace the fan speed controller transistor, and hope that the blower motor is okay. I think that if there is water in the evaporator housing it would cause the blower motor to labor, which in turn could have fried the transistor in the controller. Any thoughts?
posted by 76.231.160...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!