I bought a new transmission in a box a couple of years ago and got it at cost which at the time was $2,600 CDN. A Viggen tranny at the time was just over $4000.
I thought this was a great time to install LSD. The trick was to get a regular 9.3 tranny and exchange the differential with a Quaife LSD which ended up still cheaper than a Viggen transmission. LSD has been well worth it! Apparently the new transmissions have all the latest upgrades so are built much stronger.
posted by 70.29.110...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Cost for a new engine/transmission, Viggendreamer, Thu, 27 Oct 2011 11:53:23
- Re: Cost for a new engine/transmission, Thom, Sat, 29 Oct 2011 10:57:59
- Re: Cost for a new engine/transmission, Thom, Sat, 29 Oct 2011 10:52:13
- why?, nwas, Thu, 27 Oct 2011 15:09:28
- Re: Cost for a new engine/transmission, RBatsch, Thu, 27 Oct 2011 14:03:21
- Re: Cost for a new engine/transmission, SWEDECAR , Thu, 27 Oct 2011 12:05:32
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!