Every other summer I tackle the job of restoring our 1988 Accord's white finish. It's left outside, so it also gets pretty gray and dingy. In past years I've used Meguiar's paint cleaner, followed by Meguiar's paint polish, and then a coat of wax. It worked beautifully, but it took me most of a weekend. The last time I just used Griot's Garage fine hand polish. It worked just as well, and only took a couple of hours. My mom said "I don't remember the car ever being this shiny". Some really bad spots, mostly on the roof, required polishing compound.
posted by 65.102.157...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Full-on hardcore WHITE paint re-hab ??, gorper, Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:35:39
- Similar to others... (pic), Matt Wilson, Fri, 25 Apr 2003 19:46:29
- Maybe I'm old fashioned...., Dave Westlake, Fri, 25 Apr 2003 14:05:47
- meguiar's 3-step, gorper, Fri, 25 Apr 2003 13:44:23
- Re: Full-on hardcore WHITE paint re-hab ??, Jeremy R., Fri, 25 Apr 2003 13:34:56
- Re: Full-on hardcore WHITE paint re-hab ??, ScottB, Fri, 25 Apr 2003 12:39:14
- Re: Full-on hardcore WHITE paint re-hab ??, James, Fri, 25 Apr 2003 12:25:48
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!