NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I too bought a car from a seller on this site from the other coast in 2003. MD to CA. Absolutely no regrets. I had searched long and wide (several months and throughout the whole country) for a nice 9000 Aero. I just missed one in Southern CA (about 500 miles away) and ended up with my white one from MD. I would have considered myself lucky to find the car I wanted any closer that 500 miles away. Then again, really nice 9000 Aeros with manual transmissions aren't super plentiful.
I'll be posting my Aero for sale this week as my wife and I are moving over seas to teach for a couple of years. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if someone in the mid-west or north east pick it because it is absolutely rust free (I never drove in the rain or snow in MD, and CA has been easy on it).
To me, 375 miles would be a treat to find one of Saab's more rare pieces (9K Aero, SPG, Viggen, 9-5 Aero wagon with a stick... etc.) Also, 375 miles to purchase from a dealer you know to be honest and reputable isn't bad either. Buying close to home can severely limit your options if you're not buying a common car.
'93 9000 Aero, 5 spd, White/Black, 131K and all records since new.
posted by 67.172.17...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Farthest distance to buy car?, Aaron1, Sat, 10 Jul 2010 07:14:38
- N.O. to Marblehead, MA (fly)..., Allen in N.O., Mon, 12 Jul 2010 16:47:04
- A mere 240 each way for me, Noel , Mon, 12 Jul 2010 12:39:06
- About 675 miles, Eric Law, Mon, 12 Jul 2010 11:19:15
- About 3000 miles..., PGAero , Mon, 12 Jul 2010 09:26:02
- Re: Farthest distance to buy car?, kurt, Mon, 12 Jul 2010 06:03:38
- Re: Farthest distance to buy car?, Tophat, Sun, 11 Jul 2010 11:45:43
- Re: 3,340mi, 1,547 mi, 275 mi, 234 mi., paul de k , Sun, 11 Jul 2010 11:33:23
- 2800 miles, D37, Sun, 11 Jul 2010 10:23:10
- Clearwater , FL to West Michigan, No Snaab , Sun, 11 Jul 2010 08:56:15
- 2,050 KM, LesH , Sun, 11 Jul 2010 08:15:03
- I'm a piker.....367 one way miles...twice., -993-, Sun, 11 Jul 2010 00:14:43
- doesn't matter, jp498, Sat, 10 Jul 2010 20:15:39
- Maybe 1200-1500mi, EricG, Sat, 10 Jul 2010 18:26:16
- Nearly 500 miles...several times..., Clay McNeely , Sat, 10 Jul 2010 17:14:22
- Kissimmee, Florida..., Larry West , Sat, 10 Jul 2010 12:13:51
- Re: Farthest distance to buy car?, kkelley, Sat, 10 Jul 2010 11:34:51
- I've driving over 600 miles to get my car, and would be, bender , Sat, 10 Jul 2010 07:35:36
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.