NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
tire is to avoid having to remove the tire from the rim. By bidirectional I mean a tire that can turn either way so that if you flip it 180 degrees, it's still ok to put on. Given that, rotating from side to side is no problem since, for example, putting the front right to the rear left requires a rotation of 180 degrees.
Why rotate from side to side? Well, the Michelins had about 10k miles without being rotated and you should really see what happened to it in such a short period of time. Had I rotated after say, 5000 miles, the exact same wear (just half of it) would have happened just split between the front and back, which means that both tires would look like the front one after 20k miles. To me that sounds like too little miles. Maybe, there's a suspension issue, I dunno. It'll definitely get checked out.
I'd post a picture but don't have access to it now. Basically, the front right tire's outer part was worn so that most of the treads were smooth. I run the tires at around 36 PSI, sometimes 35 and perhaps that's too low; perhaps the tire is softer than most. I'm just afraid of wasting another set of tires so I'd like to be as careful as I can be on the next ones. Rotation from side to side will wear both the inner and outer part of tire.
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Recommendation for bidirectional tire?, bender , Thu, 29 Mar 2012 21:01:23
- Thanks for all of the comments!, bender , Sun, 1 Apr 2012 09:03:22
- Re: Recommendation for bidirectional tire?, Snowmobile , Fri, 30 Mar 2012 07:05:50
- But, the point of getting a bidirectional, bender , Fri, 30 Mar 2012 09:04:11
- Alignment issue?, Bill Homer, Fri, 30 Mar 2012 11:10:57
- Re: But, the point of getting a bidirectional, Snowmobile, Fri, 30 Mar 2012 09:18:51
- I quit performance tires; enjoyed Goodyear and Pirelli, AeroBaron, Fri, 30 Mar 2012 09:18:05
- Re: Recommendation for bidirectional tire?, TML, Fri, 30 Mar 2012 07:22:02
- Sumitomo HTR-ZIII, BlaaSaab, Fri, 30 Mar 2012 04:43:06
- Re: Recommendation for bidirectional tire?, TML, Thu, 29 Mar 2012 22:44:11
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.