Can't say for 25 years out, but we have the Bosch Nexxt 500 series and use them quite often. We have had them for seven years and have not had a single issue.
You can be quite parsimonious with the soap (HE variety) and clothes still come out spotless. We generally fluctuate betweeen the 25 minute quick wash and the very long hot setting for total grub outdoor adventure clothes. Each works well and as advertised.
The dryer does well on the 'set it and forget it' type settings that gauge moisture and quit when dry (or damp) or we use the 20 or 40 minute settings, either one works quite well and the dryer dries pretty fast.
We have the electric dryer, we decided that even in Maine where electricity is expensive, we didn't want to go with propane. Honestly, as much as we use it, we don't see an incredible hit on our bill as it's quite efficient.
Hope that info helps!
posted by 72.224.12...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Washer and dryer recommendations?, Noel , Thu, 31 May 2012 05:31:57
- Washer and dryer recommendations?, larry, Sat, 2 Jun 2012 11:53:03
- Go with Miele if you want 25+ years out of it, AdamB , Sat, 2 Jun 2012 05:29:15
- Re: Washer and dryers, BobS, Fri, 1 Jun 2012 09:23:54
- Like our LG's, Dean-C, Thu, 31 May 2012 18:09:33
- Bosch has been great... nm, poop deck pappy , Thu, 31 May 2012 14:30:07
- Re: Washer and dryer recommendations?, Bruce, Thu, 31 May 2012 13:25:14
- Swedish- Asko or German- Miele or Bosch, Mr. Clean, Thu, 31 May 2012 11:42:39
- Keep it simple.., RobsSaab , Thu, 31 May 2012 07:02:49
- Speed Queen, Les_H, Thu, 31 May 2012 06:40:02
- Re: Washer and dryer recommendations?, Dano in Texas , Thu, 31 May 2012 06:17:17
- Seems like nothing these days is built to last 10+ yrs., B Millar , Thu, 31 May 2012 06:02:37
- Re: Washer and dryer recommendations?, Skip, Thu, 31 May 2012 05:54:50
- They're not all good when new..., Snowmobile , Thu, 31 May 2012 05:54:31
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!