NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
My 2002 TDI with 340K+ miles does 46-47 mpg at 75 mph. My mother purchased a 1985 Jetta TD new and I drove it several years ago from L.A. to San Diego. It has a 1.6 L engine (I think), can't remember the HP rating, but with 3 people in the car and luggage and running down the 405 (San Diego Freeway), it amazingly got 43 mpg. I'm sure it would be quite nice to have the euro spec BMW TD, but even if it was available here I don't know if I could justify the cost.....short of my car going belly up.
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- VW Jetta TDI Wagon???, Chris, Sat, 30 Jun 2012 14:35:24
- If you have BMW turbo diesels in the US, AdamB , Sun, 1 Jul 2012 05:22:57
- Re: VW Jetta TDI Wagon???, Shaun , Sun, 1 Jul 2012 02:35:40
- Re: VW Jetta TDI Wagon???, Dean, Sat, 30 Jun 2012 20:03:33
- Lemons yes, plenty of lemons when drinking corona .. n/m, vvack0matic, Sat, 30 Jun 2012 18:27:42
- Re: VW Jetta TDI Wagon???, steven, Sat, 30 Jun 2012 16:22:54
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.