NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
California will not take the title of a car if it fails emissions testing. If the car fails emissions testing, then its registration will expire and it cannot legally be driven without current registration. This seller has something more going on than a bad smog certificate.
It sounds to me like the car is not legally his to sell, but there are outstanding fees, payments, etc.
CA will issue temporary registration to allow extra time to get the car to pass emissions, and the state will also issue an non-op registration for a car that is not going to be used.
I'd stay away from this unless you can see the car in person before you pay ANYTHING for it and you're ready to tow it home, with a title IN HAND!
Good luck with the Viggen search. I'll let you know if I decide to sell mine.
'03 9-5 Aero Wagon, AT, Steel/Charcoal
'00 9-3 Viggen, 5D, Silver/Black
'93 9000 Aero, 5MT, Cirrus/Black
'04 9-5 Aero Wagon, AT, Nocturne/Granite
'86 900 SPG, 5MT, Edwardian/Buffalo Grey
Posts in this Thread:
- who can explain the CA DMV rules regs ? thx did not buy it, neil dale , Tue, 26 Dec 2017 21:37:11
- Sounds like an episode of "Judge Judy", No Snaab, Thu, 28 Dec 2017 14:40:20
- Re: who can explain the CA DMV rules regs ? thx did not buy it, stopsaabn , Thu, 28 Dec 2017 04:50:22
- Re: who can explain the CA DMV rules regs ?, EGD , Wed, 27 Dec 2017 16:24:49
- Re: who can explain the CA DMV rules regs ?, Bill Homer, Wed, 27 Dec 2017 14:42:42
- Re: who can explain the CA DMV rules regs ?, PGAero , Wed, 27 Dec 2017 11:02:57 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: who can explain the CA DMV rules regs ?, stopsaabn , Wed, 27 Dec 2017 10:12:26
- Re: who can explain the CA DMV rules regs ?, Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 27 Dec 2017 09:35:15
- Re: who can explain the CA DMV rules regs ?, QuietTide , Wed, 27 Dec 2017 06:28:56
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | RandomScreening.com
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.