I have an '07 and I went back and forth the same way you are. Ended up with the 2.0T for a couple of reasons, most significant was the mileage. I got the uplevel stereo as part of the package, that's a must for me. I have the 17" wheels. With those in place I couldn't really tell the difference in handling. I put on Bilstein shocks later, now it's probably better. To me a SAAB is a 4 cylinder turbo. Efficiency and sporty handling are the hallmarks. A V6 seemed to betray tradition.Shoehorning a V6 into an engine bay makes it nose heavy and harder to work on. Plus you can always reflash the computer if you think you need the extra power. You don't . Honestly my only regret is the automatic versus the manual. I miss the involvement with a manual. I do mostly highway but average high 27's to low 30's in MPG WITH and automatic. That's pretty decent for a car this size these days
posted by 70.60.18...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Buying a SportCombi and Need Your Help!!!, SAABer_Mike, Tue, 26 Jul 2011 18:18:21
- Re: Buying a SportCombi and Need Your Help!!!, Chas, Wed, 27 Jul 2011 14:31:25
- MADE A DECISION... also one more question!, SAABer_Mike, Wed, 27 Jul 2011 13:21:35
- Re: Buying a SportCombi and Need Your Help!!!, kkelley, Wed, 27 Jul 2011 12:51:04
- Re: Buying a SportCombi and Need Your Help!!!, RhodyDave, Wed, 27 Jul 2011 09:28:32
- Re: Buying a SportCombi and Need Your Help!!!, EGD , Wed, 27 Jul 2011 09:08:24
- Re: Buying a SportCombi and Need Your Help!!!, Stephen Goldberger, Wed, 27 Jul 2011 06:34:42
- Re: Buying a SportCombi and Need Your Help!!!, saabmedic, Tue, 26 Jul 2011 20:18:54
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!