NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|9000 Bulletin Board|
Neither you, nor anyone who has done this magical transformation has (AFAIK...) written it up for the community at large.
This info would be of incredible value to spread around.
The '92 9KT I had for a few months was a delightful car and I was lucky to move it along before having any troubles at all.
(It was ~almost~ as spunky as the Aeros I so enjoy.)
->IF<- at some later date I could be 100% sure that I could lobotomize the TCS in a '92 9KT, leaving ONLY the possible expense of a throttle body in the future, I would consider getting one cheaply and doing this work to it.
But it remains unknown - and so in all honesty any '92 or '93 turbo that I would consider in the future is just too frightening with TCS/ETS + LHM hanging over it.
There have been several people (IIRC...) who have posted that they defeated these menaces.
Please folks - step forward and share your valuable knowledge so that MORE of these wonderful cars can STAY on the roads !!!
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- possible purchase - need advice, chuck s., Wed, 10 Nov 2010 20:42:47
- they made 2X900s to 9000s. Ebay parts are much thinner, JeffB, Sat, 13 Nov 2010 07:15:24
- Well crap...., chuck s., Fri, 12 Nov 2010 12:13:27
- Re: possible purchase - need advice, Paul from Palmyra, PA, Fri, 12 Nov 2010 05:13:58
- Well...., chuck s., Thu, 11 Nov 2010 13:26:41
- How much are you paying?, marvinstockman, Thu, 11 Nov 2010 11:47:51
- Re: possible purchase - need advice, David Ingram, Thu, 11 Nov 2010 10:17:40
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.