Sorry if this is documented elsewhere. It can come out without removing part or all of the engine by removing the alternator, the front panel (6 screws) of the fan box, the fan motor and impeller (pull out of the motor/impeller partially and then separate) and pull out the heater core.
After you've done that, you pull out the window wipers and the pull the box out by easing it around the valve cover.
All the foam seals had deteriorated literally to brown dust and has Gary pointed out, those will have to be replaced all around.
posted by 67.100.12...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Removing the Fan Box (1977), Stephen, Fri, 11 May 2012 16:00:58
- New weather sealing - Fan Box (1977), Gary Stottler, Mon, 14 May 2012 03:53:59
- Why?, jimmy, Sat, 12 May 2012 08:48:23
- Re: Why?, Stephen, Sat, 12 May 2012 15:45:08
- why ask why ---, jimmy, Sun, 13 May 2012 09:50:48
- box, thresholdmusic, Sun, 13 May 2012 05:16:15
- Re: box, Stephen, Sun, 13 May 2012 16:06:39
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!