Hey all, I'm looking at purchasing a car in Georgia and driving it home (Vermont). Problem is, VT and GA don't issue a transit tag.
How can I legally (or somewhat legally) get this car home?
I haven't picked the car yet, so it might be a private sale or a dealer.
posted by 12.105.8...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- buy a car in a different state, Liam, Tue, 10 Mar 2009 08:40:43
- Vermont DMV info seems to give the solution, KDA, Thu, 12 Mar 2009 11:23:50
- Similar story to John..., JustinHiFi , Wed, 11 Mar 2009 19:28:22
- we had a funny experience with this last year (long), John in Bismarck, Wed, 11 Mar 2009 05:24:15
- I had this issue recently, Rod , Wed, 11 Mar 2009 04:19:52
- From the DMV..., Liam, Wed, 11 Mar 2009 03:00:26
- In Vermont, Wayfarer , Tue, 10 Mar 2009 15:38:18
- its either VT or MA, Adam , Tue, 10 Mar 2009 14:24:12
- Start with your insurance agent, Noel , Tue, 10 Mar 2009 11:28:47
- apart from Herb's method, which would work,, TimBrown, Tue, 10 Mar 2009 11:20:03
- Transport of car to an out-of-state buyer..., Herb Hirsch , Tue, 10 Mar 2009 09:04:42
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!