Wowâ€¦ I didn't know that phones were locked to only the one carrier in the USA! Man that is tough!
Down here in Australia we can buy the iphone separately and choose whichever carrier we want and then use/swap sims accordingly. Although we can take out like a 12 or 24 month plan we can swap that SIM to any phone.
I have never had any issues with global roamingâ€¦ just need to tell the telco provider that i was going overseas and there were even preferred overseas carriers the phone would click to first when travelling. Just had to remember not to use international data roaming as that gets very $$$!
Thanks for the clarification guys!
posted by 124.168.97...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Smartphones... Input needed, Noel , Sat, 28 May 2011 07:15:31
- I just got an HTC Incredible 2 - CDMA and GSM enabled., BrianG, Thu, 2 Jun 2011 13:37:21
- HTC Sensation or Samsung Galaxy S II, AdamB , Mon, 30 May 2011 09:45:54
- PS, AdamB , Mon, 30 May 2011 09:57:31
- Battery life on Samsung Droid Charge is awful, Saabpilot , Sun, 29 May 2011 20:18:47
- Re: Smartphones... Input needed (long), Steve G , Sun, 29 May 2011 09:35:40
- Re: Smartphones... Input needed, turbocon86, Sat, 28 May 2011 18:32:38
- Thanks. Now to make it more complicated..., Noel , Sat, 28 May 2011 13:16:37
- Re: Thanks. Now to make it more complicated..., sab, Sat, 28 May 2011 16:23:19
- Make that two, Tim, Sat, 28 May 2011 14:01:29
- Re: Thanks. Now to make it more complicated..., Craig, Sat, 28 May 2011 13:57:46
- My iPhone 3 worked well in Europe..., Mike Lynch , Sat, 28 May 2011 13:49:13
- Re: Smartphones... Input needed, Joel H, Sat, 28 May 2011 11:59:26
- iPhone4, but --, Dan-O, Sat, 28 May 2011 10:23:10
- There's the iPhone and then everything else, JTMav, Sat, 28 May 2011 09:52:38
- iPhone iPhone iPhone!!!, B Millar , Sat, 28 May 2011 08:38:57
- Re: Smartphones... Input needed, JWorsman, Sat, 28 May 2011 08:06:24
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!