The start button gets rid of not only a heavy duty multi-contact switch, but also a lot of associated wiring. Electronic controls and transistors now do the switching under computer control, with much of the switching done within the ignition, fuel injection, lighting, etc control modules. It only takes a bus command to turn functions on and off. Saves wiring, but may have other issues.
Many of the new cars have key sensors and will lock and unlock with a touch as long as the âkeyâ fob is nearby. Leave the fob in your pocket, walk up to the car, touch the door handle, door unlocks, climb in, push the start button and away you go. A totally hands free experience, until for some reason it doesnât work.
posted by 71.33.8...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- U.S. steps up probe of BMW 7-series crashes, Steve T., Mon, 16 Apr 2012 06:59:35
- Actually it shows the stupidity of keyless ignitions, ursaw, Thu, 19 Apr 2012 18:42:45
- All of these problems are caused by, vvk, Wed, 18 Apr 2012 13:54:05
- are they?, Siegfried, Wed, 18 Apr 2012 15:52:29
- The design of the elec. auto trans lever in new BMWs, Paul H, Mon, 16 Apr 2012 12:44:04
- Re: U.S. steps up probe of BMW 7-series crashes, turbosaab , Mon, 16 Apr 2012 11:03:12
- Similar to Lexus that crashed at high speed, MI-Roger , Mon, 16 Apr 2012 08:28:31
- Re: Similar to Lexus that crashed at high speed, aka oldsaab, Mon, 16 Apr 2012 11:36:15
- Link?, AeroBaron, Mon, 16 Apr 2012 13:14:46
- Re: Similar to Lexus that crashed at high speed, TML, Mon, 16 Apr 2012 09:28:57
- Re: Similar to Lexus that crashed at high speed, Don M , Mon, 16 Apr 2012 08:55:14
- More on keys, Dan-O, Tue, 17 Apr 2012 07:12:34
- My first car had an ignition key and a starter button, Noel , Tue, 17 Apr 2012 05:42:06
- Re: Similar to Lexus that crashed at high speed, brick8 , Mon, 16 Apr 2012 16:10:43
- Re: Ignition keys - AMEN!, Notnoel , Mon, 16 Apr 2012 12:53:11
- HA! n/m, AdamSAAB2kAero, Wed, 18 Apr 2012 15:52:06
- Re: Similar to Lexus that crashed at high speed, Justin VanAbrahams, Mon, 16 Apr 2012 09:29:01
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!