First, I disagree with Zig. It is good practice to have external links on a website open in a new tab or browser window (not pop-ups!). Once there, people tend to explore, or perhaps the link goes to a picture album that you'll need to click through. After exploring or clicking through multiple images or pages it might take ten Back clicks or more to get back to the original site. Not an optimal user experience.
I don't use a mouse. I have a Wacom pen tablet. It's much harder to right click or middle click, however, holding down the "CTRL" key on a PC or the "CMD" key on a Mac and clicking will open up a new tab. No need to get fancy with right or middle clicks.
posted by 64.128.17...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Thank You Saabnet.com Members, Scott Paterson , Mon, 30 Apr 2012 11:00:28
- Thank you Scott! You reminded me that this costs money, nicknick , Tue, 1 May 2012 14:15:25
- Scott, a question..., turbocon86, Tue, 1 May 2012 07:55:54
- Re: Scott, a question..., Scott Paterson , Tue, 1 May 2012 11:31:23
- Scott, do not do that!, Siegfried, Wed, 2 May 2012 04:00:32
- Nota Bene, Siegfried, Wed, 2 May 2012 04:09:21
- Middle click = open the link in a new tab. nm, dmz789qqq, Tue, 1 May 2012 16:04:04
- i like the new tab, but i haven't really tried..., baggsly , Tue, 1 May 2012 13:48:26
- I much prefer a new tab n/m, TML, Tue, 1 May 2012 12:52:31
- Re: Scott, a question..., B Millar , Tue, 1 May 2012 12:52:27
- ditto..., Snowmobile , Tue, 1 May 2012 17:07:46
- Noticed faster loads. SN is longer slowest Saab site.nm, Norm95, Tue, 1 May 2012 06:08:05
- Thank you Scott!, RI Saaber , Mon, 30 Apr 2012 17:40:32
- You're very wlecome, Scott. Saabnet rules!, Noel , Mon, 30 Apr 2012 16:30:24
- Thanks for having me., John Myers , Mon, 30 Apr 2012 16:20:52
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!