All cars must be able to manually un-lock from the inside. Even new VW's that so not have a visible pin or rotating knob at the handle will unlock as you pull the inside door handle. It is a completely mechanical system that does not use electricity.
My 1996 900S will automatically unlock the doors in a severe impact. I tested this several years ago by knocking on the lock control module when I had an interior panel off.
Even the 1996 and newer Chrysler mini vans will automatically unlock on airbag deployment, they even turn the hazards on automatically.
1996 900S auto vert
1992 900 5spd base hatchback
posted by 107.10.3...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Saab gone, but never to be forgotten - followup, nuotatore, Mon, 30 Apr 2012 20:12:08
- With out trying to pry, Gregg , Tue, 1 May 2012 07:33:41
- My Last Thoughts, nuotatore, Mon, 30 Apr 2012 20:41:13
- Picture 5, nuotatore, Mon, 30 Apr 2012 20:28:35
- Picture 4, nuotatore, Mon, 30 Apr 2012 20:24:09
- Picture 3, nuotatore, Mon, 30 Apr 2012 20:17:26
- Re: Saab gone, but never to be forgotten - followup, nuotatore, Mon, 30 Apr 2012 20:13:50
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!