easy refurb. don't need cruise control. - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
this is kind of a faq item... Zig's nice photos of the insides are a good step by step. Only comment I'd make: if you want a really clean + professional end result, my tip to avoid cracking the plastic is only drill the "rivets" just barely deep enough for them to let go of the plastic, pull the cover off carefully, then dremel off the remaining posts (the rivets are part of the casting actually), then mark (from the cover holes), drill for 2-56. Countersink the plastic cover + use flathead 2-56 screws (3/8" long iirc). They will self tap. The assembly will be forever repairable + as good as new (mine pretty much look like they came that way from the factory + it's easy, but I butchered the first one I did by trying to drill too deep). I'll see if I have a photo to post...
My 1993 has a non-cruise signal in place of what was a cruise stalk. works perfectly. non-cruise is lighter + (in principle) wears the track more slowly.
posted by 69.63....
Posts in this Thread:
- Turn Signal/Cruise Control switch question, Devin, Thu, 2 Feb 2012 20:19:32
- Re: Turn Signal/Cruise Control switch question, Justin VanAbrahams, Thu, 2 Feb 2012 21:36:09
- Thanks Justin. That's what I thought. /NM, Devin, Fri, 3 Feb 2012 05:27:14
- easy refurb. don't need cruise control., James, Fri, 3 Feb 2012 09:31:09 <-- Viewing This Message
- Hold it!, turbocon86, Fri, 3 Feb 2012 06:20:25
- some photos, Siegfried, Fri, 3 Feb 2012 07:22:39
- Re: some photos, KC_spg, Fri, 3 Feb 2012 18:24:49
- Nice pics, Ziggy One Question:, RS , Fri, 3 Feb 2012 12:35:33
- Re: some photos...nice. Two more things on this fix..., CBS , Fri, 3 Feb 2012 10:44:17
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | RandomScreening.com
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!