the air filter housing (MAF remains connected electrically and connected to the intake hose) and then trying it? Put your hand on the mouth of the MAF to try to cut off the air supply. You should feel a strong suction, if not there's some sort of restriction in your intake system. If it runs better with it (MAF) disconnected from the air filter housing, then the restriction is in your air filter housing. HTH
posted by 188.204.7...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- surging at 1500RPM, with video of problem, scottinalaska, Wed, 27 Jun 2012 02:32:28
- Further fuel pressure update, scottinalaska, Thu, 9 Aug 2012 10:33:24
- update, scottinalaska, Wed, 4 Jul 2012 03:15:29
- Ever cleaned the throttlebody?, drupchen, Fri, 29 Jun 2012 15:08:02
- Re: surging at 1500RPM...ECU, MC, Thu, 28 Jun 2012 19:01:23
- That's the most crazy weird thing I saw yet, vvack0matic, Thu, 28 Jun 2012 18:20:02
- Re: surging at 1500RPM, with video of problem, Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 27 Jun 2012 13:32:36
- Re: Have you tried disconnecting the MAF from..., Street, Wed, 27 Jun 2012 12:01:49
- my bet: ignition amplifier or LH ECU, Siegfried, Wed, 27 Jun 2012 05:25:02
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!