NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|Performance Bulletin Board|
I bought a kit on e-ay from a company called Kamak. The td04 rebuild kit is TD04/TE04H (super back) 1100-810-100.
The kit is very complete with all seals and bushings etc.
Mark the orientation of the turbo wheels before you disassemble. The assembly is balanced to start with.
I found a 2 part video on you tube about rebuilding the TD04 done by some guy. The one I found was part 1 and part 2.
Suggestions: get a good set of snap ring pliers. To remove the really big snap ring on the Misubushi I used a set of like 12" needle nose pliers with a 90 degree bend. I used a grinder [you could use a file] to make the tips a bit smaller to fit in the holes on the snap ring. This makes removing it easy as you do need a bit of leverage to remove. This is a lot easier than snap ring pliers. I bought a set of Harbor Freight pliers.
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- 2001 Aero 2.3l rebuild update, saabsince 93b , Fri, 9 Mar 2012 08:36:24
- Jealous Re: 2001 Aero 2.3l rebuild update, Paul'sAero, Sun, 11 Mar 2012 10:25:08
- Re: 2001 Aero 2.3l rebuild phantasy, dref, Fri, 9 Mar 2012 19:44:18
- Re: 2001 Aero 2.3l rebuild phantasy, Fred's Alter Ego, Sat, 10 Mar 2012 10:36:59
- Fred please read, ryan, Sat, 10 Mar 2012 08:32:42
- Fred please read, ryan, Sat, 10 Mar 2012 08:25:03
- NICE, saabsince 93b , Fri, 9 Mar 2012 20:09:54
- Re: NICE, John G, Sat, 10 Mar 2012 07:51:51
- Re: NICE, Justin VanAbrahams, Fri, 9 Mar 2012 20:56:42
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.