I need help please. Is this a freewheel problem?
The symptoms are.
1. When I release the clutch the car will barely move about 2 to 3 inches
2. There is also a grinding sound once I release the clutch and press down on the gas pedal.
3. When I put the car on any gear itâs harder to push.
4. I pulled out the freewheel lever away from the firewall to put the car is in conventional mode same situation.
5. I pushed in the freewheel lever toward the firewall to put the car in freewheel same situation.
I separated the bell housing from the rear of the transmission and at the bottom of the bell housing there was a ring spring. Iâve looked at my service manual and I could not find the ring relating to the input shaft. Any idea where this ring spring comes from?
Please see attached photo. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you so much for help.
posted by 108.79.5...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!