I was just assuming Mike has more than just some cosmetic surface rust (largely because I can't imagine a little surface rust would be a huge concern... that said, even surface rust is sometimes hard to completely remove + many body shops won't warranty that kind of work. Our winter beater is solid structurally but had developed some fairly nasty cosmetic conditions that would have worsened uncontrollably had I not done something (to the point of becoming structural eventually)... we keep just trying to get another year out of it before the tranny fails (seeing the warning signs), and it just keeps chugging along fine! those old ones are tanks!
posted by 216.59.22...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- how much oil loss is too much? headgasket issues, Mike Keller, Wed, 25 Jan 2012 08:05:39
- Re: how much oil loss is too much? headgasket issues, B Lin, Thu, 26 Jan 2012 14:08:08
- Re: how much oil loss is too much? headgasket issues, Mysaab, Thu, 26 Jan 2012 08:52:50
- I'm in the same boat..., Saabinhappy, Wed, 25 Jan 2012 08:54:55
- Re: how much oil loss is too much? headgasket issues, SWEDECAR , Wed, 25 Jan 2012 08:19:35
- Re: how much oil loss is too much? headgasket issues, aka oldsaab, Wed, 1 Feb 2012 11:33:01
- Re: how much oil loss is too much? headgasket issues, Mike Keller, Thu, 26 Jan 2012 06:37:13
- + 1 to Anders, time for a newer car!, jimmy, Wed, 25 Jan 2012 08:39:44
- Re: + 1 to Anders, time for a newer car!, jeff02 , Wed, 25 Jan 2012 12:39:12
- Re: + 1 to Anders, time for a newer car!, Mike Keller, Thu, 26 Jan 2012 06:38:38
- rust, James, Thu, 26 Jan 2012 07:01:52
- Re: rust, jeff02 , Thu, 26 Jan 2012 07:04:55
- Re: rust, James, Thu, 26 Jan 2012 08:01:36
- Back Rust Fix, jeff02 , Thu, 26 Jan 2012 06:47:53
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!