NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|C900 Bulletin Board|
1979-1993 & 94 Conv
Yes. If only one was bad, I'd expect that plug would look different.
But maybe... If it just suddenly (completely) quit working, then there'd be no fuel in that cylinder to cause fouling. I don't think it would fail that way, though. Besides, full-time all-the-time missing on one cylinder would really be noticeable - it'd run like s(*$#^!
Here's how to check stuff... assuming you already know how to retrieve fault codes.
For these tests, you ground the jumper BEFORE turning on the ignition. DON'T start the engine. When the check engine light (CEL) flashes once, open the jumper and listen for the fuel pump to run for about 1 second.
Ground the jumper till the CEL flashes once, then open it for the next test. After you're done with each test, ground the jumper till the CEL flashes once, just like you're trying to read the next fault code.
Each test, in this order, displays a code like the faults:
1) (no code) fuel pump - listen, it'll run for about 1 second
2) 12411 fuel injectors - listen (unplug individually if you want)
3) 12412 AIC valve - listen, it'll open/close once per second
4) 12413 ELCD valve - listen, it'll cycle once per second
5) 12421 "drive" signal, automatic - stops flashing when you shift D to N
6) 12424 throttle closed signal - stops flashing when you just open throttle
7) 12431 throttle open signal - stops flashing when you fully open throttle
Have fun & let us know what happens. I'm kind of surprised this isn't more prominent in the repair manuals...
posted by 131.184.14...
Posts in this Thread:
- Help ! Check engine light driving me crazy (long), Mike M 90 900s auto na, Tue, 23 Apr 2002 22:53:52
- Re: Help ! Check engine light driving me crazy (long), JimBlake , Wed, 24 Apr 2002 09:24:11
- Re: Help ! Check engine light driving me crazy (long), Mike M 900S, Wed, 24 Apr 2002 15:44:10
- 1990s have the cycle-the-injectors test function, too>, Micah in NC, Wed, 24 Apr 2002 13:12:20
- Re: Help ! Check engine light driving me crazy (long), KeithG, Wed, 24 Apr 2002 09:45:47
- Check Engine Light Story, Brian, Wed, 24 Apr 2002 00:31:21
- Re: Help ! Check engine light driving me crazy (long), Boomer, Tue, 23 Apr 2002 23:13:43
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.