I have always been a fan of the idea of RTG-driven steam cars. Of course nobody takes the idea seriously, but the military has been very consistent about developing smaller and small nuclear power plants that can be deployed easily with troops, so some day the idea of a consumer-friendly portable nuke plant may be a reality. I support that - fully. And, hey, maybe people will drive more safely if they know that failure to do so might wipe out a small neighborhood. :p No, but seriously - an RTG big enough to power a steam car would be too small to cause any real harm even in the worst conditions. And what's not to love about a car that lasts a decade on a "charge?"
posted by 12.195.130...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- It's actually getting serious now., John Myers , Thu, 12 Apr 2012 16:24:15
- Re: It's actually getting serious now., BobS, Fri, 13 Apr 2012 19:04:48
- Well let's see..., Noel , Fri, 13 Apr 2012 06:19:56
- Sensationalism, Coggs, Fri, 13 Apr 2012 05:32:48
- Re: It's actually getting serious now., Justin VanAbrahams, Thu, 12 Apr 2012 19:25:01
- Risk vs reward., John Myers , Fri, 13 Apr 2012 07:21:06
- Huh?, ELaw , Fri, 13 Apr 2012 09:59:05
- Re: time, Siegfried, Fri, 13 Apr 2012 09:29:41
- Umm, ANWR?, John Myers , Fri, 13 Apr 2012 11:33:22
- excuse me, AeroEd , Fri, 13 Apr 2012 09:26:17
- Is it?, Siegfried, Thu, 12 Apr 2012 17:09:06
- The perils of testing till failure..., MI-Roger , Thu, 12 Apr 2012 17:04:31
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!