I saw some of his early installments. Interesting to say the least. While I agree with many of his individual points, I don't think I subscribe to his militant atheism (a common phenomenon in elite college campuses, especially engineering schools). Many people have an emotional attachment to "certainty"; if they are forcibly separated from a relatively benign/harmless "promise" of equality in after-life or on a spiritual level, the same people may well instead bind themselves to a far more virulent worship of naked state power. That is not to say I want to deliberately promote any "benign religion"; however, until the population is familiar and comfortable with "repeating prisoners' dilemma" (in which those join forces with the tyrant would inevitably be destroyed by the tyranny in the repeating game), the "single-instance prisoners' dilemma" may well seduce many into becoming part of the evil, like during the darkest period of Germany and soviet block in the 20th century.
posted by 75.67.1...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Cool video from the International Space Station, Noel , Sun, 22 Apr 2012 09:40:15
- Love the Auroras! Saw my house at 1:17, Bill Homer, Sun, 22 Apr 2012 11:34:36
- Re: Cool video from the International Space Station, AdamSAAB2kAero, Sun, 22 Apr 2012 11:00:37
- The original Sputnik, Tim, Tue, 24 Apr 2012 06:27:32
- The original Sputnik, Reality, Sun, 22 Apr 2012 12:04:01
- Then there's those pesky laws of physics..., Noel , Sun, 22 Apr 2012 16:39:23
- Competitive Market is a discovery process, Tim, Tue, 24 Apr 2012 06:29:41
- Competitive Market is a discovery process, Reality, Sun, 22 Apr 2012 17:22:30
- S. Korea: case where gov't intervention has worked, Bill Homer, Sun, 22 Apr 2012 20:09:17
- A perfect example of the saying..., Noel , Sun, 22 Apr 2012 19:22:44
- aka Personal Attack when logic fails, Reality, Sun, 22 Apr 2012 19:47:05
- Then would you please tell us exactly how, Noel , Mon, 23 Apr 2012 06:38:35
- Look up SpaceShipTwo and WhiteKnightTwo, Reality, Mon, 23 Apr 2012 07:20:07
- Re: Look up SpaceShipTwo and WhiteKnightTwo, Joeychess, Mon, 23 Apr 2012 08:38:39
- Re: Look up SpaceShipTwo and WhiteKnightTwo, Reality, Mon, 23 Apr 2012 09:41:22
- Clipper cost = $22K today, Gene N , Mon, 23 Apr 2012 11:02:11
- One can also buy a ride on a Russian rocket, Noel , Mon, 23 Apr 2012 10:48:36
- Also, Capital utilization rate would be much higher, Reality, Mon, 23 Apr 2012 18:28:50
- Not aware of any Russian rockets taking off from JFK, Reality, Mon, 23 Apr 2012 12:01:23
- Re: Not aware of any Russian rockets taking off from JFK, John G, Mon, 23 Apr 2012 16:37:25
- Does your Aunt still see dead people?, Joeychess, Mon, 23 Apr 2012 21:38:26
- What ifs, maybes and semi-relevant statements..., Noel , Mon, 23 Apr 2012 19:14:42
- Re: Not aware of any Russian rockets taking off from JFK, Reality, Mon, 23 Apr 2012 18:03:14
- LOL...6 figure parties, secret service hookers, GSA..., Joeychess, Mon, 23 Apr 2012 10:02:16
- Re: aka Personal Attack when logic fails, pete, Mon, 23 Apr 2012 04:58:58
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!