That doesn't change the fact if the space market demand was so great and the American government was oppressing said market, then the manufacturing market would move elsewhere. When American car companies failed to provide Americans with the cars they demand the market shifted else where.
Who said anything about a perfect market?
"When NASA is the in the market place bidding up the price of astro engineers"
Again, who the was NASA bidding against for these engineers? You make too many assumptions on what COULD have happened.
I have yet to see any sound information from which leads me to believe the private sector would have developed space transportation significantly further without intervention from NASA. That was your original argument right?
Are you going to actually provide some proof space trans would have developed differently or are you just going to continue to draw up irrelevant comparisons to other markets? I'm assuming it'll be more of the latter.
posted by 24.255.62...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Cool video from the International Space Station, Noel , Sun, 22 Apr 2012 09:40:15
- Love the Auroras! Saw my house at 1:17, Bill Homer, Sun, 22 Apr 2012 11:34:36
- Re: Cool video from the International Space Station, AdamSAAB2kAero, Sun, 22 Apr 2012 11:00:37
- The original Sputnik, Tim, Tue, 24 Apr 2012 06:27:32
- The original Sputnik, Reality, Sun, 22 Apr 2012 12:04:01
- Then there's those pesky laws of physics..., Noel , Sun, 22 Apr 2012 16:39:23
- Competitive Market is a discovery process, Tim, Tue, 24 Apr 2012 06:29:41
- Competitive Market is a discovery process, Reality, Sun, 22 Apr 2012 17:22:30
- S. Korea: case where gov't intervention has worked, Bill Homer, Sun, 22 Apr 2012 20:09:17
- A perfect example of the saying..., Noel , Sun, 22 Apr 2012 19:22:44
- aka Personal Attack when logic fails, Reality, Sun, 22 Apr 2012 19:47:05
- Then would you please tell us exactly how, Noel , Mon, 23 Apr 2012 06:38:35
- Look up SpaceShipTwo and WhiteKnightTwo, Reality, Mon, 23 Apr 2012 07:20:07
- Re: Look up SpaceShipTwo and WhiteKnightTwo, Joeychess, Mon, 23 Apr 2012 08:38:39
- Re: Look up SpaceShipTwo and WhiteKnightTwo, Reality, Mon, 23 Apr 2012 09:41:22
- Clipper cost = $22K today, Gene N , Mon, 23 Apr 2012 11:02:11
- One can also buy a ride on a Russian rocket, Noel , Mon, 23 Apr 2012 10:48:36
- Also, Capital utilization rate would be much higher, Reality, Mon, 23 Apr 2012 18:28:50
- Not aware of any Russian rockets taking off from JFK, Reality, Mon, 23 Apr 2012 12:01:23
- Re: Not aware of any Russian rockets taking off from JFK, John G, Mon, 23 Apr 2012 16:37:25
- Does your Aunt still see dead people?, Joeychess, Mon, 23 Apr 2012 21:38:26
- What ifs, maybes and semi-relevant statements..., Noel , Mon, 23 Apr 2012 19:14:42
- Re: Not aware of any Russian rockets taking off from JFK, Reality, Mon, 23 Apr 2012 18:03:14
- LOL...6 figure parties, secret service hookers, GSA..., Joeychess, Mon, 23 Apr 2012 10:02:16
- Re: aka Personal Attack when logic fails, pete, Mon, 23 Apr 2012 04:58:58
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!