I've been an Android user since Day 1, since I refuse to put iTunes on my computer. Back in the day, you couldn't own an iPhone without having iTunes, which I thought was pretty counterintuitive. Why buy a smartphone if I must also buy a computer? Anyway, back then even primitive iOS was a lot nicer looking and probably more functional than Android - despite the fact that it was still missing a great number of features from Windows Mobile (like voice commands, cut & paste, tethering - the list goes on). Once Apple dumped the iTunes requirement and started allowing OTA activation and updates (although you still need it to load music = FAIL), I strongly reconsidered the iPhone, and even recommended a 4 to my family.
Last year, iOS 5 was pretty darned good in every respect, hitting all the major bullet points. I've actually been waiting out 2012 for the iPhone 5 - I am not up for a $699 32gb 4S out of contract! I *was* thinking it will likely be my next phone - I am currently using an HTC Inspire, which is quite good, just a little slow. Not so sure anymore... Jellybean is superb, and assuming Samsung/HTC/et al's hardware continues to leapfrog Apple's, it's increasingly likely I'll stick with Android. ICS was good, but Jellybean is superb.
On a side note, this past week many people at my company upgraded to 4Ss. Because of the volume, AT&T extended us a discount on the in-contract upgrades, charging us only $499 for the 64gb 4S instead of the normal $799 price. Oddly, I was able to sell off ten of the old 32gb iPhone 4 phones for $300 each. I was shocked that people would pay $100 more for a used phone than a new phone, but whatever.
posted by 12.195.130...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Switching from iPhone to Android., dmz789qqq, Fri, 13 Jul 2012 10:47:55
- Re: Switching from iPhone to Android., Simon S, Fri, 13 Jul 2012 16:41:55
- Re: Switching from iPhone to Android., GM, Fri, 13 Jul 2012 15:02:54
- Still using my Nokia E71, thank you very much, vvk, Fri, 13 Jul 2012 13:57:57
- Re: Switching from iPhone to Android., Justin VanAbrahams, Fri, 13 Jul 2012 12:04:02
- Re: Switching from iPhone to Android., Scott Paterson , Fri, 13 Jul 2012 11:14:11
- Do the math about subsidized phones?, dmz789qqq, Fri, 13 Jul 2012 11:27:00
- Re: Do the math about subsidized phones?, Scott Paterson , Fri, 13 Jul 2012 11:55:35
- How many people really buy unsubsidized phones?, Noel , Fri, 13 Jul 2012 12:59:03
- This guy., Simon S, Fri, 13 Jul 2012 16:38:22
- 97% of Mordor (n/m), Siegfried, Fri, 13 Jul 2012 14:22:27
- Re: How many people really buy unsubsidized phones?, Justin VanAbrahams, Fri, 13 Jul 2012 13:26:09
- Re: How many people really buy unsubsidized phones?, Scott Paterson , Fri, 13 Jul 2012 13:09:51
- One important detail..., Justin VanAbrahams, Fri, 13 Jul 2012 12:10:11
- Verizon pricing., dmz789qqq, Fri, 13 Jul 2012 12:09:10
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!