NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
OK, if you get an unlocked phone, used or new and can use it on any carrier. I guess if one only has oneself to consider it makes sense, but unsubsidized phones don't necessarily make sense for families with multiple phones.
We need four phones in our household. Even though the kids are mostly grown, it's cheaper to have them on the family plan where we share minutes. And as the in-house tech support guy I have zip interest in learning the Android OS. Plus, I've heard too many bad tales of problems with Android, and have several friends who went from Android to iPhones and are much happier. I guess it's like anything else, YMMV.
Now Verizon has a plan where multiple devices can share a bucket of minutes and data. For us, it looks as if we could have 3 smartphones for about the same monthly nut as we do now for 2, as much of our data usage is wi-fi, not cellular. And if I get a 3rd iPhone, it will cost $199 with a 2-year contract. I don't like the contract thing, but it does work and gives me one throat to choke when stuff goes sideways.
I'm not a gadget junkie. A smartphone is a just a tool and I simply want it to work, connect me to the web, and synch painlessly with my Mac. (And my kids/wife want the same). IMHO, many of the "features" on all these phones are window dressing and many apps don't seem to add much value.
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Switching from iPhone to Android., dmz789qqq, Fri, 13 Jul 2012 10:47:55
- Re: Switching from iPhone to Android., Simon S, Fri, 13 Jul 2012 16:41:55
- Re: Switching from iPhone to Android., GM, Fri, 13 Jul 2012 15:02:54
- Still using my Nokia E71, thank you very much, vvk, Fri, 13 Jul 2012 13:57:57
- Re: Switching from iPhone to Android., Justin VanAbrahams, Fri, 13 Jul 2012 12:04:02
- Re: Switching from iPhone to Android., Scott Paterson , Fri, 13 Jul 2012 11:14:11
- Do the math about subsidized phones?, dmz789qqq, Fri, 13 Jul 2012 11:27:00
- Re: Do the math about subsidized phones?, Scott Paterson , Fri, 13 Jul 2012 11:55:35
- How many people really buy unsubsidized phones?, Noel , Fri, 13 Jul 2012 12:59:03
- This guy., Simon S, Fri, 13 Jul 2012 16:38:22
- 97% of Mordor (n/m), Siegfried, Fri, 13 Jul 2012 14:22:27
- Re: How many people really buy unsubsidized phones?, Justin VanAbrahams, Fri, 13 Jul 2012 13:26:09
- Re: How many people really buy unsubsidized phones?, Scott Paterson , Fri, 13 Jul 2012 13:09:51
- One important detail..., Justin VanAbrahams, Fri, 13 Jul 2012 12:10:11
- Verizon pricing., dmz789qqq, Fri, 13 Jul 2012 12:09:10
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.