There are a number of ways to manage the lawn, but letting it go for two weeks when it grows a foot in that time is not a good option.
One of the major ways to have a good lawn is to cut it when it is 1/2 higher than the total length of grass. So set your mower higher, say 3-4 inches and mow it when it gets to 4-6 inches high. Use the mulcher. No bagging, no raking, no stinky grass rotting, and you are putting the nitrogen back into the yard and keeping thatch down.
Sounds like you are trying to save time and effort by only mowing every two weeks or more. You are not saving either if you are bagging. It takes less than 1/3 the time to mulch. Do it once a week or more and you will have a great looking lawn and be putting less time into it. It is what it takes to do a good job on the lawn. Also keep the blade sharp!
If you don't want to do it frequently enough, maybe mowing is not for you and you need to make that hire for someone else to do it! Or buy a bigger mower.....
posted by 66.72.174...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Super lawn, vvack0matic, Thu, 19 Jul 2012 13:35:54
- You need to rethink, EricG, Mon, 30 Jul 2012 21:38:35
- Actually..., No Snaab , Sat, 21 Jul 2012 06:01:26
- Actually..., No Snaab , Sat, 21 Jul 2012 06:01:15
- Curious what part of the country that you live in?, Bill Homer, Fri, 20 Jul 2012 10:40:20
- Hire a lawn care service to mow it, MI-Roger , Fri, 20 Jul 2012 06:03:57
- No way, vvack0matic, Fri, 20 Jul 2012 19:31:35
- Plant trees....., GFW3pedals , Fri, 20 Jul 2012 05:29:29
- Re: Super lawn, No Snaab , Thu, 19 Jul 2012 15:55:25
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!