I heard you saying that replacing the whole hub-knuckle assembly isn't an option for you, so then I've got nothing to offer.
As for the pads question: you need to screw the pistons into the cylinders before fitting the pads. Have a look at the photo below for the special tool (which is often replaced with good angular pliers, but be careful with this trick). If you click on the link you'll see the piston with those small holes where that very tool should be applied to. More on that in either of your favourite C900 repair manuals.
posted by 188.134.44...
front calipers featuring those holes for the tool
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- '80 brake problems, RadioFlyer , Wed, 25 Jul 2012 11:26:38
- '81 - '87 non vented hubs >>>>, BobD, Wed, 25 Jul 2012 22:51:39
- 81 & newer discs held w/screw, 75-80 need to be, jimmy, Wed, 25 Jul 2012 20:57:43
- Re: '80 brake problems, Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 25 Jul 2012 13:36:40
- bolt-on upgrade: MY '88+ hub assebmly, Siegfried, Wed, 25 Jul 2012 12:03:08
- Re: bolt-on upgrade: MY '88+ hub assebmly, RadioFlyer , Wed, 25 Jul 2012 14:13:36
- Re: bolt-on upgrade: MY '88+ hub assebmly, Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 25 Jul 2012 16:08:53
- No, 99 & '79-80 900 rotors attach from the backside>, BobD, Wed, 25 Jul 2012 22:26:05
- Wow..., Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 25 Jul 2012 23:29:24
- Re: bolt-on upgrade: MY '88+ hub assebmly, RadioFlyer , Wed, 25 Jul 2012 16:14:03
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!