Having grown up in Finland, where we drive on snow and ice for half of the year, I find it amazing how people are willing to take plain stupid risks. In the winter you use winter tires, period.
If I'd live in the northern parts of the US, I probably wouldn't dare to drive on winter days, because of all the summer tire idiots.
Ok, I admit, a few winters ago I was driving around with really worn studded winter tires in the front. The combined number of reasonably healthy studs in both front tires was about 12... Careless use of the throttle would send my Saab sideways when starting from a standstill. Windy roads were a bit scary, too.
Changing your tires twice a year really isn't a big deal. (But storing the other set can be, if you live in a flat.)
posted by 171.66.94...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Snow tires: four of a kind vs two of a pair, Noel , Thu, 22 Sep 2011 11:41:03
- Gee, tirerack rec's buying 4 instead of 2 - shocker!, nwas, Thu, 22 Sep 2011 18:14:20
- Summer tire idiots, Kristjan, Thu, 22 Sep 2011 12:38:35
- many seem to not be noticing all-season vs summer, AeroEd , Thu, 22 Sep 2011 17:59:00
- Get a set, No Snaab , Thu, 22 Sep 2011 17:11:24
- Re: Summer tire idiots, EGD , Thu, 22 Sep 2011 16:27:17
- Re: Summer tire idiots - really?, Skip, Thu, 22 Sep 2011 15:39:21
- Re: Summer tire idiots. Yep., Noel , Thu, 22 Sep 2011 14:27:44
- In terms of avoiding getting stuck, Tim, Fri, 23 Sep 2011 05:12:37
- snow tires 30% more traction than no-season??, AdamB , Sat, 24 Sep 2011 11:31:51
- Re: In terms of avoiding getting stuck, James, Fri, 23 Sep 2011 11:00:35
- Re: In terms of avoiding getting stuck, Noel , Fri, 23 Sep 2011 06:34:57
- 95%, Tim, Fri, 23 Sep 2011 07:49:46
- I largely agree also..., James, Thu, 22 Sep 2011 19:45:18
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!