you make it sound like hardly anyone drives less than 35 miles a day. look at maps of all the cities and their associated suburbs in the united states and it's clear that many millions of commuters drive less than 35 miles a day. you don't? well, the volt's not for everyone, and it's not for you. (by the way, fuel mileage is 37 mpg combined, not 30, but don't let a nearly 30 percent difference get in the way of anything.) no one who matters ever claimed it was a miracle car.
taxpayers aren't 'paying through the nose'. the grants were one-time only and compared to long-running and recurring petroleum and agriculture subsidies, americans paid very little.
posted by 31.172....
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Volt bashers win!, John Myers , Fri, 2 Mar 2012 13:58:41
- The public does not yet want (many) electric cars, MI-Roger , Mon, 5 Mar 2012 03:31:21
- Maybe GM can sell their 7% stake in Peugeot-Citroen, MI-Roger , Sun, 4 Mar 2012 08:25:13
- I don't get your glee about this, Noel , Sat, 3 Mar 2012 15:06:20
- Why?, Cary, Sat, 3 Mar 2012 13:29:40
- Re: Volt bashers win!, DER, Fri, 2 Mar 2012 21:39:38
- Re: Volt bashers win!, k, Fri, 2 Mar 2012 16:53:36
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!