Re: Saab 9-5 wagon - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
Just to add to the good comments the other folks have made, there is another factor in deciding between model years and the 4cyl and 6 cyl engines. I believe that for 2001, the 4cyl 9-5 gets a horsepower boost from 170hp to 185hp. If possible, you might want to test drive a 4 cyl "00" and an "01" to see if the difference is noticeable to you, and if it is important to you. Other than this power increase and the OnStar, I think the "01" 9-5 is unchanged. Look into all the features available with OnStar and investigate the future yearly cost to maintain the service, then decide whether this is a valuable feature for you. Some good friends of mine purchased a 2000 9-5 4cyl automatic last spring and they love it. It was their first European car and they have really been taken with the unique look and driving feel of the SAAB. No problems at all so far. Good luck.
Posts in this Thread:
- Saab 9-5 wagon, Anne Guion, Sat, 21 Oct 2000 23:11:12
- Re: Saab 9-5 wagon, David Mills, Sat, 28 Oct 2000 12:54:45
- The Aero Wagon Rules n/m, TG, Fri, 27 Oct 2000 12:54:24
- Re: Saab 9-5 wagon, John Davies, Tue, 24 Oct 2000 17:49:21
- Re: Saab 9-5 wagon, JimD, Mon, 23 Oct 2000 07:27:02 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Saab 9-5 wagon, Bill McD, Sun, 22 Oct 2000 21:14:53
- Re: Saab 9-5 wagon, 9-5 Smitty, Sun, 22 Oct 2000 15:15:28
- Re: Saab 9-5 wagon, Erik, Sun, 22 Oct 2000 10:58:29
- Re: Saab 9-5 wagon, Bill D, Sat, 21 Oct 2000 23:38:58
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!