NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|Other Cars Bulletin Board|
A friend of mine has an '02 or '03. Pretty well tweaked and he changed the pulley on the supercharger so he gets about 190 hp. It goes real good, but my 9K can out accelerate it. OTOH, he's a LOT faster in corners.
I've ridden in and driven his car and it's a whole lot of fun. The ride is much harsher than my 9K with an Aero suspension and 16" rims, but my buddy's suspension mods have a lot to do with that.
We followed each other from NH to Rochester, NY and back once and when we got gas we put about the same amount of gas in the tanks. Kinda interesting.
One thing that's nice is the enthusiast community around Minis. A lot like Saabers or Miata owners, with lots of willingness to share knowledge.
Not sure I'll pull the trigger, but a Cooper S is on my short list for my next car.
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- MINI Cooper S ... anyone ?, STICKMAN, Thu, 13 Oct 2011 06:36:14
- I own a 2008 MINI Cooper S, Ray L, Mon, 17 Oct 2011 15:10:11
- I have 2003 MINI with 168k, dmz789qqq, Mon, 17 Oct 2011 12:57:04
- I think about this, too, Noel , Fri, 14 Oct 2011 17:54:26
- Re: MINI Cooper S ... anyone ?, James, Thu, 13 Oct 2011 15:26:08
- hazardous to your health, brick8 , Thu, 13 Oct 2011 15:08:55
- Whoops, that was me..., Justin VanAbrahams, Thu, 13 Oct 2011 15:05:46
- One problem, No Snaab , Thu, 13 Oct 2011 12:53:18
- 2nd that.., Mike Lynch , Thu, 13 Oct 2011 16:08:21
- Re: MINI Cooper S ... anyone ?, Dan-O, Thu, 13 Oct 2011 10:44:03
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.