NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|95 Bulletin Board|
When MAFs attack they usually cause pinging. It can sound like your engine has swallowed some marbles. 2001 and 2002 were the years of bad MAFs. The airflow in to the intake is also calculated by the speed density system using the MAP sensor, IAT sensor and RPMs. The MAF is just for fine tuning.
I would not hesitate to contact Chad, however there have been several posts about having them rebuilt or even taking them apart and cleaning the sensors in the throttle. If it gets worse it will go in to limp home mode. You can put it in to limp mode by unplugging the 10 pin connector at the throttle and then turning the ignition on. You will hear 5 loud click clacks from the throttle as the limp home solenoid kicks. I f you do that, then you have to disconnect the battery and reset the throttle. There are also dozens of posts on that.
A throttle does not have to be programmed, but you do have to disconnect the battery to clear the codes before installing a new one IF it is in limp home mode and the CEL is on.
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Misfire at cruising speed., PGAero , Fri, 22 Jun 2012 11:06:55
- Re: same symptoms, Dano in Texas , Fri, 22 Jun 2012 14:28:35
- Re: Misfire at cruising speed., John Myers , Fri, 22 Jun 2012 11:22:57
- Re: Misfire at cruising speed., PGAero , Fri, 22 Jun 2012 11:42:12
- Re: Misfire at cruising speed-replacing throttle body, paul de k , Fri, 22 Jun 2012 13:21:00
- No programming is required., John Myers , Fri, 22 Jun 2012 13:19:51
- Thanks..., PGAero , Fri, 22 Jun 2012 16:45:41
- Engage limp-home mode and see if it goes away., dmz789qqq, Fri, 22 Jun 2012 12:03:06
- Engage limp-home mode and see if it goes away., dmz789qqq, Fri, 22 Jun 2012 12:02:59
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.