It was years before I had the need to haul a coach (and the 900 did it perfectly). People always have stuff to transport and it doesn't mean treating it like a work truck and dumping contruction stuff in or something.
I have already run into situation where I could not get something into the trunk of my 9-5 that would have fit there simply based on volume. However, the combination of the dropped floor and the fixed parcel shelf and resulting small trunk opening (which is what caused the problem) left me SOL. In a 900 or 9000 I have slide it in and transported it with the seat up and the parcel shelf in place.
There are all sorts of thing people pick up that aren't going to be delivered that aren't going to do any damaage to the car. Just being able to get a large light box in and past the parcel shelf is extremely handy. This is in part why people buy SUVs instead of sedans. A hatchback like the 9000 or 900 can do this well.
posted by 75.100.9...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Talking with Steve Shannon, Saab President (long), Noel , Mon, 22 Oct 2007 06:04:42
- Re: Talking with Steve Shannon, Saab President (long), mikes1929, Tue, 23 Oct 2007 20:47:35
- Ditto!, UpstateNY Bill , Mon, 22 Oct 2007 16:39:11
- The hatch..., Craig, Tue, 23 Oct 2007 09:06:20
- It doesn't have to be junk or a couch., ursaw, Tue, 23 Oct 2007 20:49:52
- I don't disagree, but..., UpstateNY Bill , Tue, 23 Oct 2007 17:22:49
- go to ikea and look at all the suv's in the loading..., baggsly , Tue, 23 Oct 2007 10:45:54
- Nice that you discussed many concerns..., Chaz, Mon, 22 Oct 2007 09:30:11
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!