NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
First of all, I see no reason to regard PayPal as secure. (Nothing on the internet is "secure.") With the amount of financial info they deal with, I see PayPal as a ticking time bomb. They are ripe for the plucking by unscrupulous employees or external breakins.
I have been paying with money orders for decades and have had zero problems. On the other hand, PayPal is relatively new. They have not earned any level of trust particularly since they cannot even seem to fix a very simple issue. Why should I bother to get another credit card, or give them access to my bank account, just for the privilege of patronizing them? Thanks, but no thanks.
I usually buy money orders while doing other shopping, they are readily available from service counters or automated vending machines in many stores. Cost is minimal and well worth the protection of not having to give bank or credit card info to anyone. Likewise, postage is not enough money to worry about and worth the financial insulation.
I'm usually not in a hurry and can wait for mail delivery of the money order and for the funds to clear before anything is shipped. (Of course I am an old fart and am well accustomed to the inherent delays of buying anything via mail order. To me it's just the normal way to do business.)
Of course with some companies I'll just use a credit card directly. There is a possibility the credit card info will be abused but the card itself carries fraud protection, I don't need PayPal for that.
Money orders can be tracked if someone decides to pull a fast one and claims they did not get it, but cashed it nonetheless. You'll know where the seller lives, or at least where he works or picks up his mail. If any shenanigans ensue from the seller it becomes postal fraud if the money order was sent in the U.S. mail, so both the Post Office and the Attorney General in his state can become involved. I think most people are aware of this and I have never had a problem buying anything with a money order if the seller was willing to accept it.
From where I sit, PayPal basically just sucks. You are welcome to them.
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Ebay selling Q-how to stop deadbeat bidders?, nicknick , Fri, 25 May 2012 20:29:57
- and then there's PayPal..., thatbobguy , Sat, 26 May 2012 19:10:55
- I love PayPal!, Scott Paterson , Sat, 26 May 2012 22:31:48
- Re: I despise PayPal!, thatbobguy , Sun, 27 May 2012 19:12:09
- I hate PayPal (long rant), JerseySaab , Sun, 27 May 2012 05:16:36
- PayPal Support, Scott Paterson , Mon, 28 May 2012 09:11:41
- And this is why you hate it ????, dmz789qqq, Sun, 27 May 2012 10:40:21
- Right On!, Scott Paterson , Mon, 28 May 2012 09:17:35
- Used it since 90's when they gave you $5 referral., Norm95, Sun, 27 May 2012 13:11:14
- correct me if I'm wrong, but..., Snowmobile , Sun, 27 May 2012 12:17:39
- You bet!, JerseySaab , Sun, 27 May 2012 12:01:06
- Identical problem, identical opinion, MI-Roger , Sun, 27 May 2012 09:36:21
- I had 0 feedback 7 years ago, Siegfried, Sat, 26 May 2012 13:57:49
- I avoid the Bay, better luck with other forums, <I-Roger, Sat, 26 May 2012 07:09:39
- me too., Snowmobile , Sat, 26 May 2012 07:31:32
- Have you considered Saabnet Classifieds?, Used to be Chaz, Sat, 26 May 2012 06:30:25
- Re: Ebay selling Q-how to stop deadbeat bidders?, Larry Byer, Sat, 26 May 2012 05:55:42
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.