PPS is OEM now for some parts... - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
I've come across the same thing. For a while, Orio was selling a Professional Parts Sweden RH motor mount as the genuine Saab one for the NG900/9-3 since the original German-made one is no longer available. I suspect that the PPS version didn't meet their standards because they no longer sell that. Orio sells what they can get. Not everything comes in the same packaging that a lot of us remember from 10-20 years ago. Some of it, like others noted, now comes in a clear plastic bag with just the part number and country of origin on it. That's how a lot of parts in a timing chain kit I bought were. I've bought several thousand dollars worth of parts from Orio in the last few years while getting a couple of 9-5s in running order and maintaining a '97 900. I've bought everything from major engine parts to trim pieces to a new front bumper. I'm sure I've seen it all, but I've yet to see a pink box. Everything I've ordered from them, including my last order from a month ago, has arrived in a normal brown cardboard box.
posted by 24.18.229...
Posts in this Thread:
- Orio parts.... OEM & aftermarket, Sondeen , Sat, 9 Jun 2018 19:19:301
- "OEM parts suppliers", ELaw , Tue, 12 Jun 2018 05:56:011
- Re: Orio parts.... OEM & aftermarket, turrbo , Mon, 11 Jun 2018 21:57:05
- PPS is OEM now for some parts..., Jeremy R., Sun, 10 Jun 2018 20:13:09 <-- Viewing This Message
- URO., Norval99 , Mon, 11 Jun 2018 10:14:25
- Interesting..., Justin VanAbrahams, Mon, 11 Jun 2018 10:43:21
- Improvements, Norval99 , Fri, 15 Jun 2018 15:53:30
- Improvements, Norval99 , Fri, 15 Jun 2018 15:51:38
- Re: Interesting..., neil dale , Wed, 13 Jun 2018 16:36:57
- Re: Interesting..., RS , Mon, 11 Jun 2018 15:08:21
- Re: Orio parts.... OEM & aftermarket, Justin VanAbrahams, Sat, 9 Jun 2018 19:27:50
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!