NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|Performance Bulletin Board|
I took my 95 9000CSE Stg 3 out on the track a few times, before I got my 1989 Porsche 944S2 - and the difference is very noticeable. Even though my Saab has more HP and a lot more torque, the 944 is a lot faster round the track. Don't get me wrong, I love my 9k, but I can't imagine it hanging with Porsches and M3's without a lot of expensive modifications (drivers being equal).
Having said that, the best investment you can make is seat time. Even in my 944 I get passed by stock Miata's and Golf GTI's simply because of the difference in driver skill levels and experience.
For your Aero, the SAS swaybars make a big difference - I have those on my 9k. I imagine LSD would be essential if you want to make this a serious track toy. I like my Hawk Blue track pads on my 944, but I'm not sure they make them the right size for the 9k?
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- More time on the track, Jeff A, Sat, 19 Dec 2009 14:04:05
- Re: More time on the track, KevinC, Sat, 2 Jan 2010 09:42:48
- Thanks for all of the great comments. N/M, Jeff A, Sun, 27 Dec 2009 09:23:43
- Re: More time on the track, MTAERO, Wed, 23 Dec 2009 08:15:28
- Adaptation run, Montana Tom , Tue, 22 Dec 2009 12:05:11
- Re: More time on the track, Alex, Tue, 22 Dec 2009 08:18:57
- Re: More time on the track, GM, Sun, 20 Dec 2009 14:11:06
- Re: More time on the track, Rod , Sun, 20 Dec 2009 05:46:15
- Re: More time on the track, JustinB, Sat, 19 Dec 2009 19:27:55
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.