A LED on the relay output to the pump does not tell you the pump is running, it just says power is available at the outlet of the relay and most likely, with good wiring, to the pump. Same with the LED on the pump relay coil, it just tells you power is applied to the coil. Note that the ignition key supplies power to the fuel pump relay coil, but the coil is not activated until the engine ECU grounds the coil. It should be easy to determine if the ignition switch is passing power since it powers many things in the car. One way to determine if the ignition switch is working is to open a door, with the ignition switch on, the pictogram should light up indicating the door is open.
posted by 65.101.90...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- crazy-making intermittent fault ?! Woof !!!, vtsnaab , Tue, 10 Apr 2012 13:21:01
- Running fine & ready for next time too !, vtsnaab , Mon, 23 Apr 2012 18:16:17
- Follow up=> nope, nope and nope. Sheesh., vtsnaab , Wed, 18 Apr 2012 10:44:03
- Re: crazy-making intermittent fault ?! Woof !!!, T. Christopher, Wed, 11 Apr 2012 10:13:25
- Re: crazy-making intermittent fault ?! Woof !!!, turbosaab , Tue, 10 Apr 2012 16:18:25
- Re: crazy-making intermittent fault no start, BobS, Tue, 10 Apr 2012 13:40:08
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!